How Do I Discover my "Core Competencies"? AND, WHAT ARE THEY?
Here are some weblinks that will allow you to better define your CORE COMPETENCIES - what is it that makes YOU special - different from all the others out there!!
Before you begin the job/volunteer search, it is important to prepare yourself by reminding yourself of your own "core competencies" - that is, what your strengths are; where your interests lie. Here are some links to assist you in that step of the job transition process.
1) Marcus Buckingham’s free 8 session course entitled: “Take Control of Your Career and Your Life” at Oprah’s website.
http://www.oprah.com/article/money/care ... ham_course
2) Welcome to the Self-Directed Search by Dr. John L. Holland
At this website, you can take the Assessment online for $9.95. For this, you will receive an 8 – 16 page personalized report. This printable assessment report provides a list of the occupations and fields of study that most closely match your interests.
3) Myers-Briggs Type Indicator (MBTI) - This particular “personality scale” has been used for decades to assist people determine their skills, strengths, and gifts. This particular link – from “Personality Pathways” – is excellent in that it is focused on assisting the person in “exploring personality type and its applications”.
• You can take the MBTI test for free.
• There is a new section entitled “Career Choice and Career”
Labels: Finding YOUR Core Competencies